The PvP mod allows for easy PvP between friends, and also has some extra modes like Deathmatch and a Battle Royale.
- Friendly Fire/Targeting: Enable the ability to attack and/or target your friends without using different factions.
- Basic PvP: simply assign teams for each player in the PvP menu. You will instantly be able to target and attack each other. The World Host can change anybody's team, but non-hosts can only change their own team, or their split partner's team.
- Deathmatch: Only the World Host can start a DM. This will disable revives for all players, and disallow swapping teams, until there is only one team standing. I could add more modes like this in the future if people are interested, but this was quick and easy for now.
- Spectate: If you are on the "NONE" team (or dead in Battle Royale), you can spectate the remaining players.
The spectate mode allows you to watch the remaining players, either by locking onto them or by using the free camera.
When in spectate mode, you can use the following hotkeys:
- Left and Right Arrows: Enable lock-on spectate, and cycle between remaining players
- Up or Down Arrows: Return to free-camera and cancel lock-on spectate
- Free Camera: Use your movement keys and mouse to look around (jump to go up, crouch to go down)
- Escape: Panic key to open the PvP menu and interrupt the spectate, in case you need to end the game or something.
WARNING: Battle Royale needs to wipe the character save so that all players begin equally. Do NOT use a Character which you care about for Battle Royale, use a fresh character (must at least reach the Lighthouse) so that you don't care if it gets wiped after the games. If you accidentally used a character you care about, then you can restore the backup save using Outward Debug Mode or just manually restoring the file.
The Battle Royale mode is designed as a 2 to 6 player game mode, similar to traditional BR games but obviously quite heavily adapted to work in Outward, and with some unique mechanics.
- Set your teams in the menu, then the host can start a Battle Royale.
- All players will lose their items, skills etc.
- Everyone will be teleported to Monsoon (unless you're already there) and the game will immediately begin.
- Last team standing wins!
There are quite a few unique mechanics in the Battle Royale mode, some of which include:
- Traps damage anyone that triggers it, even the person who armed it.
- Weapon skills are learned automatically once you acquire the weapon.
- Some enemies will randomly spawn around the city. Kill them to get skills.
- Supply drops (chests) appear every 2 minutes or so. The amount of chests depends on the number of players in the game.
- Supply chests become more valuable over time.
- At around 4 minutes the Butcher of Men will spawn, he drops a powerful weapon and strong skills.
- You can take other players items when they are defeated.