The Outward SideLoader is an API and a mod development toolkit for creating and editing custom content.
Please view the SideLoader Docs for full documentation on SideLoader.
- [SL Menu] Added "Paste Player Position" and "Paste Player Rotation" buttons for Vector3 values
- [SL Menu] Fixed an issue caused by closing an inspector tab in the SL Menu
- [SL Menu] Fixed an issue with the SL Menu where some members would be cut off at the bottom of the scroll view
- [SL Menu] Removed a leftover debug log
- Updated the SL Menu interface
- Got rid of the page system on the main inspector
- Updated AutoCompletes to be more responsive and less laggy
enum-type editors to use the new AutoCompleter instead of a dropdown
- Fixed some error spam that could happen with certain blasts with SplitableSoundSource components
- Fixed an issue with multiple templates editing the same original item
- Fix visibility mistake on SL_AttackTypeCondition
- Fixed a bug with AffectStat effects which have no duration set
- Improved logging when there are errors in the XML document
- Improved XML serialization efficiency
- Skill Tree rows are now sorted before being applied to avoid issues with skill dependencies
- Fixed an issue with certain blasts and projectiles having incorrect positions for some reason
- Fixed a mistake with custom statuses and imbues where their icons were not being applied in some cases
- Fixed cooldown reduction on equipment being flipped when generated from the template item
- Fixed an issue with custom characters not receiving status buildup from attacks
- Fixed a bug with custom characters not taking damage in some situations
- Fixed an issue with item visuals
- Fixed some exceptions with XML serialization after the DE update
- Updated for the Definitive Edition
- Custom Keybindings will no longer trigger when the Chat Panel is focused.
- All keybindings will now be revealed in the in-game Keybind menu (including hidden vanilla keybinds).
- Made some parts of the
protected internal instead of
public which were supposed to be for internal use only.
- Fixed an issue with item visuals not being set correctly
- Fixed an issue with custom keybindings
- Fixed an issue with the ExtraQuickslots mod.
- Fixed an issue when setting a different
ResourcesPrefabPath for item visuals than what the item originally had
SL_Quest.OnQuestLoaded helper event
CustomQuests C# helper for creating custom
- Fixed a minor issue with
SL_QuestProgress not creating the
QuestTree graph correctly
SL_QuestProgress (just small helpers, proper quest support requires manual C# code)
- Added new Item templates:
- Added new ItemSpawn template:
- Added a method to
SL_DropTable to turn it into a
Dropable and apply it to a
- It is now possible to set custom item visuals on items which didn't have any original visuals, either by setting the ResourcesPrefabPath, or SL will create a new empty visual.
- Fixed a niche bug with
CustomKeybindings trying to set up keybindings after they've already been set up (harmless log spam)
- Fixed a bug with custom SkillTree icons not being loaded until hovered over
- Added C#
CustomAnimations classes for custom animation override support.
For a manual installation, do the following
- Create the folder(s):
- Extract the archive into a folder. Do not extract into the Outward game folder.
- Move the contents of the
plugins\ folder from the archive into the
BepInEx\plugins\SideLoader folder you created.
- It should look like
- Launch the game, you should see a new keybinding in your in-game keybindings for the SideLoader menu.